Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Nursing Cover

Every once in awhile I sew something up and deem it blog worthy.

That hasn't happened too much lately.

So here's tonight's under an hour sewing project- a nursing cover.

I really wanted this one by Bebe Au Lait:


But at nearly $50 (yikes!), the price tag was just a LITTLE too high for me.

So... I stalked the local Hancock store until their designer fabric went on sale (it was 54% off tonight!). The sale combined with the 15% off apple discount made this similar fabric less than $5. With it, I was able to make this knock off version of the Bebe Au Lait cover. They did not have any of the white chenille in stock (and I didn't think to look for terry cloth) for the pockets so I added pockets on the inside to both bottom corners with grey felt. Not sure how long those will hold up but I already had it on hand and they look good for now! I also did not add any boning to the neck but with where the neck straps are and the stiffer fabric, it seems to stick out enough on it's own.


Not bad for a savings of $45!

Have you been sewing lately? Are you looking for a project to do? -Because I have a baby quilt that's been taunting me lately and you are welcome to work on it!  :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...