Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Was Just Thinking...

Happy Game Day! If you aren't from around here, it may not be a big deal to you.... but Iowa State takes on the Hawks today. It's kind of a big deal. I'm contemplating staying home for the day. Is that bad?

It's also 9-10-11 today. I like fun numbered dates like that. R is convinced we are having an October baby. We'll be 'full-term' (or is it near-term now?) on October 27th but I still want a November baby. The main reason? (Not the MAIN reason- little guy's health is obviously the main reason) I want a fun numbered birthday. His birthday would be 11-__-11. Our anniversary is 7-21-7. That's kind of fun. Right? 11-1-11. 11-11-11. 11-7-11. 11-21-11. All fun birth dates, right? :) There's a full moon on the 10th so maybe we'll end up around there somewhere.

Have you ever tried to photograph a full moon? It's a lot harder than it looks.

Pretty much every picture posted on my blog lately has been taken with the iPhone. I'm just too lazy to carry around a camera for this season. I do have plans to put my purse camera (which has actually been an 'in storage' camera lately) into the diaper bag though.

My diaper bag isn't really a diaper bag. It's the Kelly Moore boy bag. I bought it way back when for a photography bag (it's one of those 'needs' I convinced R of and it was paid with cbh money). My purse is the Kelly Moore hobo bag (another 'need' he feels like he got duped on). I've heard lots of people say they use the Kelly Moor hobo for a purse/diaper bag and with my current 2 empty slots, I think I can make that happen. The boy bag will likely be one I keep in the car because you know I can't leave home without everything I think I just might need.

I would be really good at that purse game they play on 'Let's Make a Deal.' (You do remember that show, right?)

Are you excited for the new seasons of tv shows to come back on? This is the first year in my life I've looked forward to it. The more couch sitting I do, the better watching tv sounds to me.

I haven't actually been very good at couch sitting. I wake up still swollen some mornings because I worked too hard the day before. R makes himself self-proclaimed boss of cbh on those days and forces me to take the day off. He's kind of a pushover as far as bosses go though. ;)

He's been pretty patient though. Everyone (well not everyone...) talks about how hard it is to be pregnant but people don't mention much about how hard it is to be married to a pregnant woman. I mean there are times I just start crying. I have no idea why so how should he? (Oh but in that moment of irrationality, I expect him to know why, darnit!) He puts up with the tears and the absent mindedness and the randomness well (enough).

Yes, definitely the randomness.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...