Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Do You Remember When.....

...navy was an Iowa State color?

I hope so because that's what I was going for on Saturday. :)

I know it doesn't look like much of a State outfit, but if you look real close you can see my vintage CY pin. And yes, those are Toms with a dress. They are the only shoes that fit (besides flip flops) and even these Toms are too small for me by the end of most days. Good thing mom sent me home with her burlap Toms last week (unless Holly is reading this, then I'm just kidding about the burlaps).



Anyway.... the point of this post was just to say, "Wooo Hooooooooo!" ISU beat Iowa 44-41 in triple overtime on Saturday!!!  (Again, I realize if you are not from Iowa- this is not a big deal to you. But trust me, it's just like Christmas!)

Everyone I've talked to has said it was thee best college football atmosphere ever. And we missed it.

It was my fault. R had planned to go but there was something about the crowd and bleachers that didn't sound fun to me so I didn't want to. The sweet guy opted to watch it on tv with his buddies with me instead (and I planted myself on their couch with my feet up all afternoon) and we missed it. But it was still a great win even just seeing it on tv!!!

Go Cyclones!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...