Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Year Ago


One year ago, I was taking belly photos for a client. Fall had just begun and we had some beautiful round, belly sized pumpkins on the front porch (side-note: I was way more with it in the decorating department last year).  We grabbed one of those pumpkins and used it as a photo prop. 

For some reason that photo on that day stuck with me. I remember at the time I was longing for my own 'pumpkin shot.' (I think it had something to do with the fact that just a couple months earlier, I had given up my 'basketball shot' photo idea and used it on a client and was longing for that too.)  
So many times along our journey, we prayed for a baby. We were thinking adoption but on this particular day last fall I remember asking God, "Could you?" 

One year later He did. He gave us that 'pumpkin shot.' And SO much more.




"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." -Ephesians 3:20


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...