Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

so thankful

In case I haven't mentioned how blessed we are lately, we are. We have soooo many people that love on us and Baby H. He is already one blessed little guy. We were given a baby shower by aunts (Holly, Kerry & Ang) and another baby shower from the gals from work (Kari, Lisa, Anne) (yes, even though I'm not there this year- how nice are they?!). Baby H got SO much great stuff and THEN his grandma took us shopping and got him even MORE great stuff. We really wouldn't have been able to get everything on the baby list without everyone.
So with all these blessings pouring in, we needed to get those thank you's going out. I love handwritten thank you's. There is just something special about them. So I sat down one night to start working on them. I did several (but didn't even put a dent in the list) and the next day my hands were so swollen I couldn't bend my fingers. It was time for a new plan so I chose a handwriting font (oh I wish my handwriting was that pretty) and started pecking away at them. In about three nights of work (go easy on me, it takes awhile to come up with heartfelt thank you's), I got the 50+ thank you's ready to go and the following weekend, R addressed all the envelopes for them. He's a good sport. And this is my apology (and reasoning) to you for your non-handwritten (though I hope maybe you thought it was anyway) thank you. 
Thanks for loving us anyway. 




Seriously,


PS- I should point out that R even wrote out a couple of the thank you's himself. Are you impressed? I was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...