Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years

This week, I was taking pictures at Carver Hall on ISU campus. It's a beautiful old building with great stairs out front. (And the engaged couple I was photographing looked awesome in their red/gold up there.)

Right away, I remembered climbing up those stairs 10 years ago. I was on my way into Sociology 134 (I think that was the number?) with Sara Jo by my side. We were wondering what in the world was going on. We had just seen the news. We were kind of in shock. And judging by the eerie quietness on campus, everyone else was in shock as well. We went to our early morning class but as the day unfolded, many professors were canceling classes. We went back to the rooms and gathered around small tvs to try to make sense of what was going on. Today, we still cant make sense of it. It's a day that we'll always remember. A day that has forever changed us.

I wasn't planning on writing a post about 9/11 but climbing up those stairs so close to the anniversary brought me right back to that day. Are you remembering today?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...