Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, September 9, 2011

September Showers

I'm going to come right out and say it.

I hate showers.

I know that makes me sound like a terrible person. But it's kind of true. You would think someone like me would love sitting at the center of attention for something like that but I just don't. I felt so awkward opening gifts at my bridal showers. I don't know what it is about them and I may be the only person in the world that feels this way but I just don't like showers.

That being said,

I am SO excited about our upcoming baby shower!


I know. I don't understand the switcheroo in attitude about them either, but I'm really excited about it.

It could have something to do with the fact that I wont be opening gifts for myself (seriously, at our wedding showers, I kept making comments about how much R would love the gifts. I guess I felt like if I were opening them all for him it made me look better.).

It could also have to do with the fact a friend that I love dearly is driving all the way here to see me and even coming early so I can actually get to spend time with her!

Or that another best friend is even contemplating driving all the way here with her three little kiddos (oh, I already told her she's crazy, don't worry).

OR maybe it's the menu the girls have ready to go. Um. YUM.

Whatever the reason, I'm excited about it.

Except for one little thing... the invites. I always struggle with who to invite. I have this weird complex that if you invite a lot of people, they'll think you just want gifts (SO not true) but after our wedding showers, I found out if you don't invite enough people, those people get their feelings hurt. I posted something about this on facebook and got some great advice and decided to invite everyone I was even considering inviting. But... you know I chickened out. I have over 15 pretty invites sitting here that never got sent out. So please, PLEASE, know that if you want to come, I'd love to see you! (And your invite is sitting on my desk!) You are so welcome to come eat breakfast with us (and you seriously don't need to do the gift thing) and have a good time. Let me know and I'll get an invite to you asap so you can rsvp. We'd love to have you!


And in a related happy shower note... I never posted these pictures from my very first baby showers (clear back in May). (And I guess I'm not even posting the full picture now but I thought it best to crop the students out.)
At the end of the school year I had two different groups of students host showers for me and Baby H got two different showers out of the deal. It was about the sweetest thing ever. I got the absolute best, heartfelt cards from them and I still cry when I read them. (And do you see the cookie cake? YUM. And the duck themed shower? They put a lot of planning into these! Too fun!) Several of the girls from these groups have emailed wanting updates on baby. It just makes my day when someone asks how he is doing and to think that these young girls would think to ask just makes my heart smile.
Baby H is definitely loved by lots of people already!





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...