Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

10 on Tuesday (life since 9/6)

1. Last Tuesday was date night. And, coincidentally, $.99 kids meal night at Fazoli's.


2. Wednesday morning I woke up with a wedding ring that no longer fits. Up until this day, I had been able to wear it in the mornings (as long as I took it off by 2 pm I was good).  It's officially being put away for awhile. R is not impressed with my 'replacement.' He's worried everyone will think he picked the ugly thing out. :)


3. Thursday we met Mo at a football game. We hadn't seen her in FOREVER and then lately have gotten to see quite a bit of her. She's at such a fun age and says the funniest things. The last time we were with her she was combing R's hair and says, "Uncle R has bangs." To which I said, "I think that's to cover up his bald spots." Mo says, "Well it's not covering up the bald spot on the back of his head!"
Everyone but R thought it was funny. ;)


4. R posed for a picture with me (that would be Mo's finger in the frame). This is one of about 2 we have of the two three of us together. We need to get better about that. I don't want Baby H thinking his daddy was never around (I mean it's not even basketball season!).


5. Friday we met up with some work people. Since we were in the 'big city,' we ran by Hy-Vee to grab some Mint Oreo Fudge Cremes only to find this. Sadness.





6. I went to the chiropractor last week. Have you ever been? I went for the first time in my life last winter. Denise is amazing and I highly recommend her! (Her husband actually went to school with R and they are two of the nicest people!)


7. Saturday was THE big game day. My sweet hubby not only skipped the game but also took me to the downtown farmers market to track down my breakfast. I was thinking with it being Iowa's Christmas that it wouldn't be so busy. I was wrong. But man was that smoothie (and breakfast burrito... and dutch letter..) worth it.

8. Have I mentioned ISU won Saturday!?!? It was a great weekend to be a Cyclone. (But as one friend pointed out- an even better weekend to be an American.)

9. We are still church hopping. We tried (another) new one Sunday. There were a lot of 'glory, Glory, GLORY!!!'s  R is about ready to go back to where we started but we still have a few left on the list.

10. Monday night date night this week. We had counseling/picnic night. And some great talk time. Then we went to Wal-Mart and got me an $8 wedding set. R joked he was going to get down on one knee in front of Wal-Mart to give it to me but just stuck it on my finger instead.  Do you remember when you first got engaged and looked at your ring all. the. time? I've been doing that but the thing isn't even cute. I'll be anxious to get my real one back. (And maybe I'll get it cleaned/dipped in the meantime so it'll be even better when it fits again!)

What have you been up to lately?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...