Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

appy errtday!



That's 'Happy Birthday' in case you don't speak B talk.

We spent Thursday making 'errtday cake' and Friday making 'errtday frosting' and B was pretty excited to say 'APPY ERRTDAY!!!' all week long.  Of course by the time grandpa got here to celebrate on Saturday, he got shy and wouldn't say it in front of everyone. You'll have to take my word for it though- the kid is cute.

Just a couple party pics.... All the decorations found or made from something found around the house. The set up is really similar to B's Mustache Bash. (Which apparently I never blogged- I'll get on that.)

Menu:

-Birthday Cake! (I get asked for the recipe a lot... it's from a box. The trick is the frosting. I make Wilton buttercream for the big cake and Wilton cream cheese frosting for the cake jars. (Follow the links for recipes.)
-Egg bake casserole
-French toast casserole (I thought it was yummy! And super easy. We'll definitely make it again.)
-Marshmallow pops (just dip them in almond bark and decorate with sprinkles or whatever else sounds good- got this super easy recipe from my cousin several years ago but you can find it all over Pinterest these days).
-Mom's cinnamon rolls
-Bananas, muffins, donuts

'Appy errtday', grandpa! We hope you had a great day!





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...