Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Playing in the Snow

Remember how much I love snow days and couldn't wait to build a snow man with B?

Well my husband does NOT love snow days. I'm going to guess because snow season and basketball season align and he would choose the gym over a sledding hill any day.

There are a lot of R's traits I'm hoping B will get but the love for snow days... I was hoping he would get that from me.

So far, it doesn't appear that he has.....







.....We finally got B out in the snow and he hated it. He kept saying, "Ick. NO! UCK! NOOOO!" You would have thought we were trying to get him to take his medicine or something.

So I tried an ease into it approach. I brought a little snow to him.


What I'm sure B is thinking... 

"Eh.... what is that mama? I'll check it out with my 'one finger' tester. Hmmm.. this is kinda cold. I'm not a fan. What are you thinkin' mama??"

He promptly shoved it off the table and I wasn't quick enough to get a shot of that. As we sat down to eat a little later, I tried the snow again.

"What? Now it's here with my food?!? OHHHH. I get it!! YUM YUM!"


That's my boy! Anything edible=awesome. :)

And hopefully one day he'll love playing in the snow and not just eating it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...