Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best of '12

1. Most thankful for in 2012:

-My healthy boy! We had been so, so blessed with a little guy who had rarely got as much as a sniffle. This last month as he was hit with more, it made me realize just how blessed we are to have a healthy little boy who is so full of life!


2. Favorite Moments in 2012:

-Lazy mornings snuggling
-New cousins and fun with old cousins
-Ledges
-R's Baptism
-Beckett's Dedication
-Weekend at the lake with great friends
-B's 1st Birthday Mustache Bash
-B's first steps!
-Favorite Things Party (anyone want to have another one soon?!)
-Zoo trips with B!
-B first saying 'Mama' and 'Ove Ou' (love you)
-Family time at the Orchard!
-Omaha with the fam
-Mommy dates with A & K (before they had to move)
-Everything about watching B grow and discover new things
-Meeting mommy goals (like breastfeeding and crib sleeping)
-Lots of wagon rides
-B made his KCCI debut (and last I checked, he was still making front page news) :)



3. Favorite Things in 2012:

-Slobbery baby kisses
-Urban Decay Naked Palette
-Minnetonka moccasins
-Palette accessories (I now have 3 different palette necklaces to rock- I'm spoiled!)
-Pre-maternity clothes
-Center Grove Orchard Donuts! (and fudge.)
-New iPad from grandma
-Dry shampoo
-ELF bronzer
-Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (I feel like I read from this book everyday for at least the first half of the year)
-Bloglovin'



4. Other notables from the year:

-Choosing a new church
-Joining a new small group
-R joined his first men's study
-Making our first Thanksgiving turkey (& celebrating Thanksgiving with good friends)
-Running together
-Too many friends moved away
-My first full calendar year of full-time {cb}h (and a lot of take your baby to work days)
-The great hard drive crash of 2012
-My mom retired from her postmaster job. I started mailing my own packages.
-B won a costume contest for his UP costume on his very first Halloween
-B spent way too much time at the end of the year with Drs.


 5. Hoping for in 2013:

-More time with family.
-More time with friends.
-To be a brighter light.
-To be more intentional with my time and to invest more in people that matter (which sums up our 2013 goals pretty well I think- you can check those out here).









What about you? How would you summarize 2012? What are you hoping for in 2013?

P.S.- I promise this is the last of my New Year's posts. ;)



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...