Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Picture That Never Was

I know I promised the last post would be the last New Years one.

I was wrong.


Sorry you guys but I had to share this shot... or series of shots rather.


You see I had all these visions of my New Year's baby posing perfectly for a party picture and I couldn't wait for New Year's so I could take the shot.

Then (several months later) when it was actually New Year's, I had a sick baby (you can still see his crazy rash in these pictures). And then when I finally got to the store to buy the props, all the New Year's stuff was gone (well not all of it.. but what I was looking for). Then the little guy never really did get to feeling better so we attempted the mini-shoot when he was still crabby. And well... then he wasn't wanting anything to do for it.

So there you have it. The shot that never was.

But I present to instead.... every shot I that I did get.


Oh, B....










:)



(I had planned on photoshopping 'Happy New Year' onto his banner. Because he was going to be sitting perfectly still you know. And yes, it switches sides after the first shot. Apparently while I was adjusting my lights he ripped it off (for the first time) and R stuck it back on him. I didn't even notice until I pulled these up tonight. In case you haven't noticed.... photographer's kids are the hardest clients.) ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...