Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hickstionary 365

Way back in 2010 I took a picture every single stinkin' day. (You can check that out on my Hickstionary 365 blog here.) While it was awesome to look back on all the pictures, it was a lot more work than I thought it would be and I vowed to never do it again. In 2011, I worked and worked and worked and then had a baby. Until November of that year the only pictures I snapped were for {captured by} heidi photography. Between November of that year and the end of 2012, I TRIED to take pictures of B. I had GOOD INTENTIONS to take pictures of B. But I just wasn't very good about doing it.

So here I am in 2013 starting another 365 project. I am actually really excited about it and hoping that it will help me to document B's life a little better. When I look at how much he changed from January 1, 2012 to January 1, 2013 I can hardly believe it. I just know that this year is going to be more of the same so the 365 just makes sense!


I plan to take a photo every single day this year but if I miss a day I'm not going to beat myself up and I'm totally okay with taking a picture of something that represents that day (i.e. a picture of the computer if I spent all stinkin' day working at the computer and couldn't get away to take pictures). (Not that I could ever do that with a toddler running around so that might not be the best example but you get the idea.)


So without further adieux, I present to you the first week of my 2013 Hickstionary 365. (I haven't decided yet if I'll keep these over on the other blog or just keep them here. Thoughts on that?)





Jan 1st- Apparently nobody was cooking on the first of the year. We got several invites to go out to eat but the first invite came from Papa Tractor so we met him for dinner in Des Moines. B is a big fan of Papa Tractor! (And no, his name isn't actually tractor.)

2nd- B hangin' out in his recliner and daddy reading 'Tickle Monster' to him. My what hairy hands you have.

3rd- For 14 days straight B was a daddy's boy. And did not get stuck in a cage play pen while mama got ready in the morning. That all changed today when daddy had to go back to work. B brushed his teeth while mama brushed hers. And when daddy came home, B squealed in delight but then ran straight to mama's arms. :)

4th- I was laying on the floor to catch a shot of B doing one of his favorite things- building (he was using this set of stackadoos he got for Christmas). He's been very aware of the camera lately and as he saw me lay down with it he followed my lead and laid down to smile. What a cheese ball!

5th- A tough day for this mama heart. And this stomach too. More on this day soon (I think) but me laying on the couch trying to eat crackers sums it up kinda well.

6th- My little man is growing up too fast! He's in the toddler room now at church! It was SO cute to see him sitting with his snack with all the other kids at the big boy table. I wish I would have taken my camera out and got a picture but I feel weird about snapping pictures of kids I don't know. My goal is to get more brave and just snap away! (He technically should have been in the toddler room a month ago but we missed church almost the entire month of December between sickies and traveling.)

7th- Busy day with our attempt to attend toddler time then meeting daddy at the basketball game. We weren't home much today but while we were, B was super snuggly with his blankie. I've been trying to get him to attach to another one while I leave this yellow one for special (it was R's when he was a baby and his grandma made it) but B is determined to attach to this one. It's so delicate I hate to let him drag it around but it's so dang cute when he does.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...