Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Story Time That Never Was

After seeing B sitting with all his friends at the big boy table at church (well even before that, but especially after that), I made the decision that I MUST get B out of the house more and around littles his own age. He LOVES being around kids his size and it's so fun to see him interact with them.

Also, he's become quite the homebody (like his mama) and it could be a long winter if we don't make it out of this house a little more!

So we were so excited to see that Toddler Time at the library was starting up today. And a 10 am start time? Perfect! (Most activities for kids his age fall right during his nap time- apparently his nap time is different from the rest of the world.)

We trekked up the road and arrived at the library (not our local one- one I hadn't been to for quite awhile) and we see a big fat closed sign on the door. I vaguely remember seeing something in the paper (or somewhere) about renovations and I remember yesterday after running an errand, R mentioned seeing a satellite library location next to the Hobby Lobby.  I do a quick Google search (what did we do before smartphones?) and see that the library has in fact moved. Luckily it's not too far away so we head over there and make it just in time for Toddler Time to start.

B was SO excited. He saw all the books in baskets right at his level and wanted to read every single one (well at least one page of each one before moving on to the next one). He was equally impressed with the toys (especially the really germy looking ones). He played and played and was having a ball. As more and more toddlers arrived, I was beginning to wonder when it might actually start. Apparently others were wondering too because after waiting twenty minutes, we found out that they weren't actually going to start this week but planned to next week instead. Wellalrightythen. 

So there was no official toddler time but B had a great time playing and exploring. Until a lady insisted he was a she and kept calling him 'Becca.' (Okay so that didn't actually bother B, he was still having a great time.) Enough that I was going to take my picture of the day (for my 365). I mean seriously, the shot was going to be adorable- he was running around, with his suspenders hanging, from toy to toy and looking oh so adorable. Until I pulled the camera out. Then he just sat down on the floor and cried. And screamed. And got dirty looks from the quiet library goers. 

So we packed up and headed home. And as he sat in that carseat he looked at me with tear stained cheeks and said 'sorry mama.' (With his eyes anyway.) It's okay B. We'll have another toddler time some day. And I promise we'll leave before we start interfering with nap time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...