Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY Squeezable Baby Food

I swore I would never buy those expensive baby food pouches. But one day we were at the store and the kid (who had no idea what they were) pointed to them and signed 'more please.' And I'm a sucker for his baby signs so I got them. And I tasted them (what, you don't taste the stuff you feed your baby?). And they were actually pretty yummy. And then one day we were running late. And B needed a snack. And these were sitting right there all convenient like to grab. And they made my life a little easier that day. And.. well.. you get the idea.

So B, who has been perfectly capable of eating all sorts of good solid food for quite some time now, started eating the squeezable pouched baby foods. And life was a little easier when I could just grab one of those instead of cook up some peas for a snack.


But they are expensive.

And our small town store doesn't carry them. So we rarely have them on hand. And when we do, I really try to save them for 'special' times (like when mama is running late and shoulda been out the door 10 minutes ago but the babe needs a snack).

But the kid still loves 'em anyway.

And tonight as I was cleaning out the fridge and went to throw one away he freaked.
Of course it was the last one. And we don't own any of those cute reusable ones.
So I dumped some applesauce into a straw sippy cup and called it good.
And wondered why I hadn't thought of that before? And why I've never seen it on the interwebs.

Until now.

Mama didn't raise a rocket scientist but I do present to the world, the DIY squeezable baby food pouch. AKA a sippy cup with a straw.



P.S. I sincerely hope you don't feel dumber for reading this post. ;)

Update: Today we stuck a straw in the yogurt and B loved it. We are getting all kinds of crazy ideas around here. :)



I know this post is old news but several people are still stumbling upon my blog by searching for DIY squeezable baby pouch so I thought I'd add our latest DIY pouch- just use the hole puncher to make some holes in the top of the plastic yogurt lid and stick the straw in. This has been the easiest one yet and B loves that he gets to do it all by himself. (The yogurt eating, not the hole punching!) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...