Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Right of Passage

B hit an important milestone yesterday. A right of passage, really.

He got to lick his very first cookie dough beater!


And since I only make cookies about once a year, it will likely be his last for awhile.



He must have known it was a rare treat because he thoroughly enjoyed it. And enjoyed sharing with Dakota too. I believe his quote was, "Oh yum yum yum yum YUM!" Followed by, "Mo, mo! Peas! Mo!" (more, more! please! more!)


So that was a lot of fun.


What is NOT a lot of fun- having to sneak treats now because the kid knows exactly what treats are and where we hide them and that he NEEDS one every time mama or dada think they need one.  He spent almost every day last week standing in front of the cabinets reaching up saying, "Peas!" (please) because he knew the m&m stash was up there. When they finally ran out and I showed him the empty jar he got a super sad face and said, "oh no..."

I'm pretty sure it was the saddest moment of his life.

Other than the time Tow Mater drug him across the living room floor.


But it ranked right up there with sad days for him.



All that to say, I learned one more thing about parenting that all those child development classes never taught me- you will not, ever in the rest of your life, get to enjoy a special treat once you become a mom. You will either have to share or feel guilty about sneaking it during nap time. Good luck with that.


:)






Oh wait! This post isn't finished yet.

You have to go make these cookies!

I found the cream cheese stuffed snicker doodle recipe on Pinterest. J & I were talking about how loving & hating pinterest and how you can stick a candy bar on top of anything to make it pin worthy. Also how snicker doodles are a total let down because they don't in fact contain snickers.

Until now.

Go make this recipe for cream cheese filled snicker doodles. Then stick half a mini snickers on top and you have cream cheese stuffed snicker snicker doodles.

Voilà! Talk about a pin worthy (and Becks approved) treat!   You can thank me (or hate me) for sharing the recipe with you later.


You're welcome.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...