Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

And The Winner Is....

Did you watch the super bowl? Did you have a party? For the first time in a long time, I can answer 'no' to both! And would you believe me if I even admitted that I barely even watched the commercials this time??? Crazy talk, I know!


For the first time since I've known R, we did not host a super bowl party this year. The last several years we've done a combined Super Bowl and Ang's Birthday party. It was kinda sad to know they now live too far away to watch the super bowl with us so we forwent the party planning and opted to walk across the street to the neighbor's house instead. There was a bacon theme but I just couldn't bring myself outside of my box enough to come up with two bacon themed treats so I went with one with (the maple/bacon cupcakes) and one without (the Pinterest famous feta dip).

I used this maple bacon cupcake recipe. The frosting was delish but the cupcakes tasted more like corn bread. I definitely want to try them again in the future but will find a different recipe. 




But the food isn't even the big winner of the night.

Let's talk about the commercials.

I should point out again that I did not watch hardly any commercials this year. (It's a little more difficult to do so when you are chasing a toddler... and um chatting the whole time. Yes, I may have gabbed just a little...)

But the few I did see were big winners.

First up:
It's only weird if it doesn't work. I know we've been seeing these commercials for awhile now but every time I see one, it cracks me up. My husband and his friend Corey are exactly like that. The furniture has to be in the right spot; the viewers have to sit in the same position; the remote has to be in the correct hand; etc; etc. I might even know someone that has been sleeping in the exact same shirt all basketball season long..... These commercials are a mirror of my life.

The tear jerker one:
The Clydesdale Commercial. Oh my goodness. Did you cry? I may have just a bit. It was so sweet- a reminder of how fast those little ones really do grow. Oh wait. We were talking about horses here weren't we? It was cute. And sweet. And almost makes me want a Budweiser. Almost.



And the big winner:
God Made A Farmer. Did you love it? Please tell me you loved it. This commercial promoting Iowa's family farmers was awesome. Wait. It was for Dodge Ram? Well those are nice too.



What was your favorite commercial??


(Oh yeah.... and did you enjoy the game?)  ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...