Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

RAKing with the Hickstionary #7

It's time for another week of Random Acts of Kindness!


Huge shout out to all you awesome Hickstionarians doing the dare with me!
1. Molly 2. Lisa C. 3. Kelsey L. 4. Deanna 5. Haley 6. Erin G. 7. Jamie 8. Jessica G. 9. Mindy C. 10. Jess R. 11. Bethany 12. Kari S. 13. Mary S. 14. Ashley 15. Alison K. 16. Donna 17. Teri B. 18. Mal H. 19. Heidi

My goal is to get 30 on board- would you join us?? (And if I missed you on the list, will you PLEASE let me know? I feel like I'm forgetting someone!)



Last week's challenge is in the books for us. I wrote a little note and stuck in a Starbucks card. (Confession: I got the gift card from the Favorite Things party. I LOVE Starbucks and love to do a Starbucks splurge once in awhile but I had the card laying there as I grabbed the blank note card and decided to gift it on to someone else. Then I made my generic make at home version of Spiced Caramel Cider to hold me over.) :)

How did you do last week?? Did you stick a note in the baby section for a new mom? Did you add anything to the note? Were you sneaky about it? Did you stick around to watch and see if anyone grabbed it? Do tell! Leave a comment below. If you blogged about it, please share the link with us too! 









RAK #7:

Leave an encouraging note and/or a treat (pack of gum, box of tea, candy bar) on someone's desk at work. (Because who wouldn't appreciate a pick me up in the middle of a work day!)

Try to be sneaky about it if you can so they don't know who it was from. If you work from home or don't have coworkers, consider leaving it on the desk of a place you visit (try to think of a place where you could be by the desk/counter without it being obvious you are leaving behind a treat- in our town we could do this at the bank, fitness center, library or even the post office). If that's not an option, put your spouse to work and have them take care of the drop off part for you.



Please join us (even if you didn't jump in last week- you can either catch up or just start where we are)! Check out this post for more info.

Happy RAKing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...