Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Things Party

So after the 60th birthday brunch, we took the party decorations downstairs and set up for a Favorite Things party. My friend Erin and I had one last September at her house and couldn't wait to do another one. This time we chose a 'Cozy Up in the Winter' theme where everyone brought their favorite mug for the hot cocoa and we swapped favorite things that help get us through the winter. Some of us loosely translated the theme and that was totally fine with us! :) My five item favorite thing was a scarf. I chose a red/white gauzy one from Forever 21. I like Forever 21 for accessories because it's a super cheap way to spiff up and change up your look.



I can't believe I didn't get a shot of all the swag before it left the house. The goodies I collected are in the photo but other lucky people got slippers, cuticle cream, cozy socks, lip balm, scarves... and a whole bunch of other stuff I'm drawing a blank on. (Note to self- next time TAKE PICTURES.)

Besides gum, candy, gloves, Burts Bees, & bakers twine,  here are a few more of my current fave things that were in the swag bags:

-E.l.f. bronzer. You all know I'm super cheap and love a good deal so e.l.f. make up is (usually) perfect for me. It's not a big investment so you can try different things and not break the bank. My favorite is the bronzer.



-Dry Shampoo. Because I'm lazy. Okay, actually because ever since having B, my hair gets crazy dry if I wash it every day. It's been better since I quit breastfeeding but I still like to rock the dry shampoo hair.

-Packing list. I found one in the dollar spot at Target but I couldn't find that one online so here's the substitute.

-Aquaphilic hand cream. Ahhhmazing on dry hands in the winter. I feel like I wash my hands A LOT and the last two years they have been cracking so bad in the winter. This stuff is an instant cure. It's amazing. (Buy it at your local pharmacy.)

-Smash Tape in black dots. My fave is the one that switches colors throughout the roll but they were sold out so I got my second fave. I stick it on EVERYTHING!

-Urban Decay Naked palette. I saved my photography tips this fall and splurged on the first one for myself but went with the basics palette for the party. It was the big ticket item of the night and I can't believe no one stole it!

-And TWO lucky people at the party got a super cute What's Your Sign Designs banner courtesy of Alison. Want to snag your own? Go check out her Etsy shop then keep your eyes peeled on the Hickstionary for an upcoming giveaway!!



PS- In case you don't know what a Favorite Things Party is, here is a short description of how it goes down: You invite a bunch of people over. Everyone picks out their favorite thing (around a designated dollar amount- we chose $10) and brings five of those items. At the party, each person draws five names and gives their items to those people (obviously you have to make sure you don't have double of anyone's name or your own name). You leave with five new favorite things and you get to hear about a ton of other awesome stuff. 
You can also play games to win swag- which is one of my favorite things about the parties. It's a ton of fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...