Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, February 18, 2013

just another manic monday

i wish it were sunday.




B and I are having a lazy morning Monday around here. I have about 1,376 emails to reply to, 8 discs to get in the mail, 2 sessions to edit and upload, and well... you get the idea. I also have about a million resources about baptism opened up right now (that post IS coming. for real this time). I haven't done laundry since... well I'm not sure when. The house is a mess. B and I are still in jammies. I'm starting to think about spring break. I'm wondering if I should buy baby headphones for B for the plane. I'm sorry I ever made fun of people that put their kids on leashes. I'm contemplating the kid leash for B for the airport. Does that make me one of those crazy parents too? No. But the million other crazy mom things I do probably does. So far today B and I have eaten. Twice. Played. And made two videos. He is in a jammie shirt. I am also still in pajamas. Neither of us have brushed our hair or teeth yet. Thankfully you cant smell our breath in the videos. The kid is pretty modest so even though he knows animal sounds for about 100 animals, he wont do them in front of people. Doesn't like showing off I suppose. He does do some in this video though. Before he gets bored that is. We made a second video where he finds some body parts. He doesn't know as many of those. I think he believes his feet are called boots. He does know penis. His dad taught him that. His dad is also teaching him the art of a layup. Almost everything has become a ball and/or hoop these days. B sits and watches basketball with his daddy when it's on tv but take him to the gym for a game and he'd much prefer running out on the court with the big boys. It doesn't work so great for me. The kid has mad dashing skills and I'm pretty sure he's faster than me. Probably because of the hot laps he does around the house each night before bed. Watching him run around the house is darling. Around the basketball court during a game and around a packed airport; not so much fun. Does anyone have one of those kid leashes I can borrow? :)




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...