Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

{cb}h


Here's a little ditty from {cb}h (that's created by this time).
It was a Monday night. I was in the middle of another working evening. My brain needed a break.
I'd been wanting to test out some craft ideas for our (almost) homemade Christmas event (I'm SOOOO excited about it, y'all!). And we are going to be in need of some wall art in the near future. (That's the only current hint you get about that project.)
So I grabbed an old sweater. One I love. One that has memories attached. One that's just a little too snug for me these days.
I scuffed up one of those frames from another project idea (they've been laying around since we got engaged waiting to be used for a last name project..... I figured that wasn't happening anytime soon and I could steal from that project's pile...).
I stuck a little ditty on the little (as in too little) sweater and stuck it in the frame.
Materials needed:
A sweater that doesn't fit you anymore (or does. I'm not picky)
A frame
A little ditty of sorts
Glue gun
Sewing shears (I kid. I couldn't find mine and used my pampered chef shears instead.... don't tell on me.)
10 minutes.

Yup... that's all. 10 minutes. Or less if your glue gun heats up faster than mine. Or more if you choose to be careful and make sure your sweater isn't in the frame backwards. Whatever.

So go forth. Make some little ditties. (Oh- and this isn't making the (almost) homemade Christmas cut so you'll have to do it on your own if you want one!)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...