Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Last One Before the Challenge Starts....


Tomorrow I'm starting the 30 for 30 Challenge (I'll put another post up soon). I knew these shorts wouldn't be in my top 30 but I wanted to wear them at some point this year so I was really hoping to get them worn this weekend. It wasn't looking good, as yesterday I was still bumming on the couch all day, but we made it to church today and I got to wear my pants shorts. I've really, really, really been wanting a pair of the trouser shorts that are everywhere right now but I knew they weren't a practical investment for me. I also had this cute pair of trousers that had gotten just a little too short to wear with any sort of dress shoe.
You see where I'm going with this right?
Trousers+scissors+a quick stitch to sew the hem back on=something similar to those cute $88 Anthropologie Shorts. I wish I would have paired them with a button up and a belt but when you're sick, you're sick and getting out the door becomes a feat in itself. (I am feeling MUCH better though. Just exhausted!)
So anyway. Above is my inspiration (via Anthro) and below is my version of the pants shorts. Not bad for a no cost edit.
Photobucket
Ruffle Shirt- Gap
Brown Shirt- Express
Tights- Old Navy
Heels- Steve Madden
Clutch- Avon. Yep. You read that right. My mom used to get all kinds of free bags and we'd fight over them. I've had this one somewhere around 8 years.

Up Next: 30 for 30!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...