Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Talk To Me! the 4th

This week's question comes from Lisa. (I'm thinking at one point, we'll get around to answering all of everyone's questions and you're going to have to post new ones for me!)

What were you like as a student in school?

This one was appropriate for me this week because R&I were talking about this very thing today (well, Saturday when I originally typed this).

What I remember myself being like as a student and what my teachers might remember are probably very different...... but from my point of view.....

In elementary school I was pretty quiet. Did EVERYTHING I was supposed to do and didn't question it. (Well. Except maybe reading time in Kindergarten when I pretended to still be napping.)
Then I had an amazing 6th grade teacher that encouraged me to speak up (he would have probably recalled it more as trying to get to to shut up.... ha). From that point on I was a little more vocal in and out of the classroom.
School had usually come easy to me, so at times I was a little bored and may have made things a little interesting sometimes. Though, most of those memories involve the same person so maybe it was more them than me. ;) I won't mention any names though.....
In junior high/high school I was involved in most of the activities our school offered. My most memorable moments and most educational from school involve times that I wasn't even in the school building. (Big Booty in the 'borrowed' school van may not have been educational I guess... but it sure was memorable! Who knew those CB radios had a direct line to the superintendent's office?)
I currently keep a photo of me in 8th grade Home Ec to remind me of what I was like then and what was important to me then. I catch myself referring to it if I'm having a difficult time figuring a student out or why they did something. Chances are- I did it once too!


So what about you? What were you like in school? Go ahead and answer in the comments or link us up to your post on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...